Navigation

My Japanese Coach: Lesson XVIII, Greetings


Lesson Eighteen: Greetings
When trying to learn a foreign language it’s always good to know a few basic phrases. They’re always helpful! Recently I’ve been teaching things that require a lot of thought, but phrases just require memorization. I figured it’s time to give you a break.
So, here are some phrases!
how are you?
genki desu ka?
げんきですか?
I am fine
genki desu
げんきです
and you?
anata wa?
あなたは?
thank you very much
doumo arigatou
どうもありがとう
you’re welcome
douitashimashite
どういたしまして

You can add “gozaimasu” to the end of “ohayou” to make it more polite. Don’t forget to check your pronunciation!
good morning
ohayou
おはよう
good evening
konban wa
こんばんは
hey
oi
おい
excuse me
sumimasen
すみません
sorry
gomen
ごめん

Alright, let’s play a little game to help you get used to them.
GAME: Multiple choice
You know, I think you deserve a new game. You’ve been doing so well!
GAME: Flash cards
I hope you enjoyed the easy lesson. I’ll be teaching verb types and conjugation in the next lesson.